Wednesday, January 28, 2015

x2 Step 28 – Journal Step 27 - I have a Wisdom that I wish to discover.



Today: Step 28 - Review (MP3)



 
WE SHALL BEGIN OUR FOURTH REVIEW PERIOD with a special prayer.

“I ACCEPT MY KNOWLEDGE AS A GIFT FROM GOD. I accept my Teachers as my elder brothers and sisters. I accept my world as a place where Knowledge can be reclaimed and contributed. I accept my past as a demonstration of life without Knowledge. I accept the miracles of my life as a demonstration of the presence of Knowledge and I give myself now to cultivate that which is of the greatest good within myself to be given to the world.”

ONCE AGAIN WE SHALL REVIEW THE PAST WEEK OF PRACTICE, rereading all of the instructions and with each step reviewing what has transpired in your times of practice. Be sure to ask yourself how deeply you were involved in practice—how much you wanted to search and investigate, how carefully you examined your own experience and to what extent you felt motivated to penetrate whatever barriers that might exist.

OUR ONE 45-MINUTE PRACTICE PERIOD OF REVIEW will begin to give you a perspective on your development in this preparation. This is beneficial not only for yourself but for those whom you will serve in the future, for as you are receiving now, you will wish to give in whatever context and in whatever form is appropriate for you. You must understand how people learn and how people develop. This must come from your own experience and must represent the love and compassion that are the natural emanations of your Knowledge. Again do not let any doubt or confusion dissuade you from your true application.

PRACTICE 28: One 45-minute practice period.


7:22 AM. Friday, September 15, 2000

Step – 27 I have a Wisdom that I wish to discover.

"Yet, remember that the truth has always saved you from a greater error that you would have created otherwise."

– Our lives could always be worse. Though we make mistakes, we could make bigger ones.

For the two 30 minute periods I am to consider how truth saved me from greater error.

All of the errors listed yesterday were sequential. Each lead to pain, but I got over it. Error does nag – sometimes it leads to learning. Somehow – financially I've kept my head above water. There are errors which require work – an end to indolence. The degree to which I am doing the PDC work still is amazing. I've let go of many details.

I have to go through the pain of writing to craft my still "unknown – fully" message.
11:25 p.m. #2 Step 27 – "This point of view of being served by your experience is something you must cultivate… In this program of development, the truth will be distinguished from everything else in such a way that you can experience it directly and will not be confused about its appearance or its beneficial existence in your life. For the truth is here to serve you as you are here to serve the truth."

How have I been served by my experience? I have become much stronger. I don't know whether I've become a better judge of character or not. Certainly I've become more patient and ego-less. I've sought truth all my life. In college sophomore philosophy I decided truth was relative except for the truth that truth was relative. If that was absolute – then there must be more. S2K takes me in that direction so I can work with the truth in life – my life.

Pain in my life has led me to consider death. ACIM said that when death is the answer to a problem, ego (personal mind) is at work.

Death of the physical body does not solve problems for the body, but it may relieve stress for others, one can be ignorant and cause pain.

"Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make ye free."

Truth in relationships is difficult when there's a difference in people on the surface compared to the core or other invisible aspects of their personality.

People pursue self-interest – as they perceive it. That is a function of their education and awareness. Some lives look like nothing but pain. To correct some pain, the cooperative systems need get better. This is what I see.

Knowing what to do becomes impossible – for the book is yet to be written, though some think they have the answers. (They might/or not.)

Truth causes me to go slower. It's not just age and lack of energy. I've learned to minimize risk – to work off-peak – the value of being invisible.

I've learned that being in the woods allows me to be closer to the truth.

Though the children/marriage have brought many problems to my life – being father to David and Sarah has been the greatest experience. Lane and Emily are a new level.

Humanity has some bugs to work out in it's life view. My part can only be small – but that is not a limit.

I seek to record the wisdom from "my wisdom;" to discover it, contact it at will to do what it is my destiny to do.

My perception of life, this side and the other side, seeks to be inclusive of all phenomena.

I am here to serve the truth and I accept that truth is here to serve me. Denial gets in the way – it is a human response.
Amen & Amen
T-om Su-ne

Quite a long entry this day. It may be more information than you need. The purpose is to show a student’s working through Steps. Skip ahead at any point if it isn’t serving you. Great amounts of thought are required in these Steps. Let us continue.
 NNC
 
Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment