Tuesday, January 6, 2015

x2 Step 6 - Journal Step 5 - I believe what I want to believe.

Today:  I have a true foundation in the world. Step 6 (MP3)


I have a true foundation in the world. Step 6

BEYOND THE BELIEFS AND ASSUMPTIONS which mask your own fear and uncertainty, there exists for you a true foundation in the world. This foundation is built upon your life beyond this world, for that is where you have come from and that is what you will return to. You have come from a place to which you will return, and you have not come empty-handed.

TWICE TODAY, SPEND TWO LONGER PERIODS of 15 to 20 minutes in considering what your true foundation may be. Think of all your ideas about this. This is a very important question. You must realize your great need for this to ask this question with sincerity and with penetrating depth.

WITHOUT A TRUE FOUNDATION, your real accomplishments and advancement would be without hope. It is a great blessing, then, that you possess this, even if it is unknown to you.

PRACTICE 6: Two 15 to 20-minute practice periods.

Picture:  Stone plaque mounted on South Hall, Bascom Hill, University of Wisconsin campus, Madison, Wisconsin. I remembered this from when I was a student there (1966-68) and had classes in the building. I returned to visit the campus in the 1980’s and took this picture to put in my office. This is a scan of my print. You may note that the left side is faded some and there’s a coffee spot. To me, it became a test for truth. Truth makes you free. Being a student of Steps and utilizing its practices has increased my freedom in the world over a long period. It rings true using this test.


7:25 a.m. August 23, 2000

Step 5 – I believe what I want to believe.

#1  What do I believe? Less and less, but I still want comfort – so I believe it is possible. For there to be joy in pain is to be a martyr, a victim, to be masochistic – so that fear of pain which I have is avoidance? I believe that you can't escape all pain in life – particularly emotional pain. Physical pain – which I also dislike – torture as is known to be practiced – these are all beliefs/fears.

Starting from the what is, and staying there.

This process is re-programming the mind with the mind – using meditation/questioning.

It is like "the Stream" – something in a Sci-Fi movie where "the human" could see how the borg humans with computer links to the Stream – a central computer – which took in all data through borgs and other monitors – and ran the world – the borgs thought the Stream was knowledge to help them, but it controlled them.

"The human" determined a shutdown routine would work. He found an old computer book and arranged to have it scanned in by the female borg/love interest – which shut "the Stream" down.

S2K – and some other spiritual traditions – use the personal mind to shut itself down – get out of the way. What remains? According to GCS – the impersonal or true Ancient Mind.

11:32 p.m. I believe what I want to believe, (examine what you believe & then what you want).

I believe I'm on the right track (I want to be right). I believe S2K will take me where I want to go. (I want to go Spiritual.)

Right now I'm not believing much – so so late…

I'm tired – it's late – I'm not much for this exercise.

10:10 p.m. August 24, 2000
---
For S2K exercises I'm taking a 2nd day on Step 5. That will put review on Saturday. I should have started on Sunday. It works out OK.

Step 5  #3 "I believe what I want to believe." –
"I believe regions are important and I want them to assist me."
"I believe I'll continue to live because I want to live."
"I believe I have work to do in the region because I want to work here."
"I believe that things will work out for David and Sarah because that is the only thing I can believe."

After the 3rd session, this is all I can come up with. I know a few things – but what do I believe? Is easier perhaps, to look at what I want – to see if those are beliefs?

S2K/GCS takes the wind out of the sails – Happiness is not to be believed in – for it doesn't exist? We came here to work so anything enjoyable is out of the question.

I must do my part to prepare the Earth Community for GC entrance – in X to 100 years from now. It is a Puritan spirituality – not necessarily bad, just that.

Here I took a second day to finish the Step. More detail as Step requests and also thoughts about the nature of mental processing. Let us continue.

NNC



No comments:

Post a Comment