Thursday, August 6, 2015

x2 Step 218 - I will hold Knowledge within myself today. – Journal – Step 217



Today:  Step 218 - I will hold Knowledge within myself today. (MP3)

I will hold Knowledge within myself today. Step 218
 
ALONG WITH KNOWLEDGE COMES THE WISDOM of how to use Knowledge in the world. Thus, Knowledge is the source of your understanding and Wisdom is learning how to apply it meaningfully and constructively in the world. You are not yet wise, so keep Knowledge within yourself today. Allow it to strengthen itself. Allow it to grow. It will give itself naturally, without your attempting to force its expression. In time, you will learn to become wise, both through the demonstration of Knowledge and through your own errors. You have already committed a sufficient number of errors to demonstrate all that we are telling you.

KEEP KNOWLEDGE WITHIN YOURSELF TODAY so that it may grow strong within you. Allow yourself to extend its presence to only one or two individuals whom you recognize can appreciate it, for your awareness of Knowledge is still a tender shoot within you and cannot yet withstand the vicissitudes of this world. It has not grown strong enough in your own understanding to counteract the raging fear and hatred that sweep across the world. Knowledge can withstand this without difficulty, but you who are learning to become a recipient and a vehicle for Knowledge are not yet strong enough.

ALLOW KNOWLEDGE TO BE KEPT WITHIN YOU TODAY so that it may grow. Remind yourself of this upon the hour as you carry this jewel within your heart. In your deeper practice periods, which are times of freedom from limitation for you, allow yourself to return to your great love so that you may enter into true relationship with Knowledge. In time, all limitations to the expression of Knowledge will be lifted as you learn to wisely apply its communication in the world. But for now, keep Knowledge within your heart so that it may grow stronger and stronger.

PRACTICE 218: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Note: “…Knowledge is the source of your understanding and Wisdom is learning how to apply it meaningfully and constructively in the world.”


7 a.m. March 24, 2001

Life is easier @ work. I'm a planner, this is my regional community. I'll just get by on the financial side. I started investing in the 1980’s for the kids. I just didn't trust my broker –…– nor did I learn enough about stocks. I've had good ideas – but not followed through. That is my error – my bad. Doing too much with too few resources? I don't know. What hurts is my lack of resources to help David and Sarah. I gave so much before…now life for them is so hard. I feel like I've failed there. I did not have enough Knowledge at the time.

GCW – II – perceptions of Humanity p. 214 – for the adolescent humanity The Teachers: "Their commitment is for you to learn The Greater Community Way of Knowledge, to enable your sense of spirituality and your spiritual traditions to evolve into a larger arena of life and be applicable there, in order to give you a more universal sense of the Greater Power in life and to engender the cultivation of intelligence, responsibility and cooperation. These are the three fundamental pillars upon which any race or society must develop and advance".

So far I'm 2 out of 3 – intelligence & cooperation. I need to bring to visibility "responsibility". I may not have done a good job of that myself.

8:15 a.m. Where am I? In the middle of something, in an environment, the middle of a story.

Although the firstborn child of my parents, I've always found myself to be in the middle – no matter how
Forces of Good

[Again trying to map out the relationships discussed in the Steps and the books.]
the cultural heavens
local religions – evolutionary – social cultures
> Mapping the heavens – the SPS – spiritual positioning system

Time I have this far more important integration project to work on. How can I keep the energy for it. I need “on earth” allies

> Local Planet: Regional Community Solutions
> "Saving our Local Planet through Regional Community Action".

Long ago the physical territories of the earth were divided into nations. Boundaries were drawn and enforced as barriers to other cultures. Things let in and sent out were trade items – transfer of technology from one culture to another.

As the Human Genome Project now educates us, biologically – humans are the same and surficial characteristics are the cumulative reflection of adaptation to climate.

1:10 a.m.. Sunday, March 25, 2001

No direct 2nd practice Saturday, yet I Know giving myself to Knowledge sets me free of the current earth spell.

Statement or question – Humanity is an experiment/or experience.

Spent the evening at the movie "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" – A visual/well told story about China – martial arts and humanity. Then –@ home – watched taped TLC shows about UFOs and Alien abduction experiences.

How many times does one need to see the warning?: Some new video – new speakers, new but old.

Before we can answer what humanity will do, it is necessary to answer: What humanity is?

Covered a lot of territory this day. You are likely to have such days as well. Let us continue.

NNC


Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment