Tuesday, August 4, 2015

x2 Step 216 - There is a Spiritual Presence in my life. – Journal – Step 215



Today:  Step 216 - There is a Spiritual Presence in my life. (MP3)
There is a Spiritual Presence in my life. Step 216

THE SPIRITUAL PRESENCE IN YOUR LIFE is ever with you, ever available to you and ever reminding you to look beyond your own judgments. It is forever providing for you the support, the assistance and the guidance necessary to minimize the wrong application of your mind and to strengthen the right application of your mind to allow Knowledge to arise within you.

YOU ARE NOW LEARNING TO RECEIVE and to respect this Spiritual Presence, and in time you will realize its great importance to you and to the world. This will generate greatness and humility all at once within you, for you will realize that you are not the source of your greatness, but the vehicle for its expression. This will keep you in true proportion and relationship to that which you serve. In relationship you receive all of the benefits of that which you claim to be your own. And yet, with Knowledge you will not become self-aggrandized because you will realize your own limitations and the depth of your own need for Knowledge. With this understanding, you will realize and accept the source of life. With this, you will realize that you are in the world to serve Knowledge and that the world is meant to be the recipient of Knowledge.

THERE IS A SPIRITUAL PRESENCE IN YOUR LIFE. Feel this upon the hour as you repeat today’s idea. In your two deeper practice periods enter deeply into this Presence, for this Presence is most assuredly with you and wishes to give itself to you this day.

PRACTICE 216: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly


9:40 p.m. Thursday, March 22, 2001 – The stock market continues to melt. Two years after I got out – went to cash, it is back to that point. Had I the discipline of what I knew – from the over valuation, I'd be in better shape. I didn't want to retire. If I did – I'd lose all contact with the work.

Today's lesson – "My Teachers are with me. I am not alone". The Step says that in order to have help from Teachers, "You must realize that without Knowledge life is hopeless". I'm there – have been for a long time.

10:30 p.m. Could not get through practice #2. Over eaten – no stillness. I've now been unburdened of retirement. ICMA – my mistakes led to much less than I might have had. It doesn't take much in the way of resources to write – so – I can stay busy here writing my Dead Sea Scrolls for use in the next 1000 years.

I've been receiving for years – much of it from my teachers I assume – so this a.m. and again tonight it came to me to review messages in my sketchbook. The first in that book was from December 21, 1996.

On this day in 2001, I was reminded of the messages I’d recorded myself in sketchbooks. The first entry was from 1996, the year before I met Marshall and learned of Greater Community Spirituality. Not wanting to transcribe more, or make this entry longer, I photographed the pages and put a PDF on Google Drive for any who may be interested.

Such communication has been experienced by many when open to it. Thus I’ve chosen to share this element of my journey which is normal for those who seek. After all, the Step told us we have Teachers with us. In our own lives we must have some verification; some experience. One thing the teachings say is that experience comes first, understanding later. Let us continue.

NNC
 
Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment