Friday, August 14, 2015

x2 Step 226 - Knowledge is with me. I will not be afraid. – Journal – Step 225



Today:  Step 226 - Knowledge is with me. I will not be afraid. (MP3)

Knowledge is with me. I will not be afraid. Step 226
 
KNOWLEDGE IS WITH YOU and when you are with Knowledge, you will not be afraid. In time, fear will become more and more external to your true experience as you learn to abide with Knowledge. The value of today’s idea must be recognized in light of the fact that your mind is engaged with fear habitually to such a great extent that it seems to make the reclamation of Knowledge and the application of Knowledge very difficult for you. This appears difficult only because your mind has been so habitually engaged with fear in the past. Habits can be broken. New habits of thinking and behavior can be instilled and strengthened. It is merely the result of applying your mind. It is the result of practice.

TODAY PRACTICE ABIDING WITH KNOWLEDGE, which will undo all the habits that have cast themselves against you and the world. Being in life is practice and is always a form of service. Today practice the truth and serve the truth, and in this all errors are weakened. Their foundation is removed, and in its place you will begin to learn a new way of being in the world, a new way of engaging yourself with the world, and you will have a greater structure for applying your mental and physical faculties.

UPON THE HOUR ABIDE WITH KNOWLEDGE. Dispel fear and remind yourself that Knowledge is with you. Remind yourself that your Teachers are with you. Remind yourself that students everywhere who are involved in the reclamation of Knowledge are with you. In this, the world will become small and you will become great. In your deeper practices, allow yourself the freedom of experiencing Knowledge. Enter the great depth and stillness of the mind, as it immerses itself into the presence of love.

PRACTICE 226: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


April 1, 2001

11:32 a.m. A world of distraction. Meditated 8:30 a.m. – focused – Step 225 "Today I will be serious and lighthearted all at once".

NSV – This regional community is established. As Joe C… says – the vision comes from the PDC. –

The hip world – it is beautiful and fun…but a distraction for me.

2:30 p.m. Chunking under way – convert collectibles to cash/

7:45 p.m. On the path, at the bridge – between a trio of maple trees? – Those are the leaves. This is the point where I regularly get a good dose of devic light. I came to this point – explored some – the area east of the creek, south of the bridge – and found no feeling/source – so I'm here – in my chair – for practice #2. Made progress sorting out my Regional Intelligence/PDC/personal files. I found the 1997 application I never sent to Texas and my resignation letter. Though under attack I held on. Had I not gone to the 1998 Regional Summit I would not have embarked on Regions Work or RI.

It was an ugly time, but I made the best of it – perhaps needed that unburdening – my education as a beginning student goes on.

9:30 p.m. Back from a nice practice in the woods. I Know I must be more serious about my work, RI and my pillars, and less distracted by the confusion of the world – no matter how entertaining. The ideas must be written, put into print or on-line, in order that this perspective be available in the world.

11:50 p.m. I feel somewhat hidden. That Ninja invisibility – not stealth – simply that no one cared. Change is moving quickly. I can become more focused.

The overarching need is human unity. RI promotes that.

Earth. It's hard to get here S2K says – so taking that has truth – I can't be unhappy. A great C-SPAN-2 BookTV presentationFinding Fish – about a young orphan and his life. Many of his comments were spoken with Knowledge. He said – "people do not spend enough time with themselves". On not having parents/getting help from others – he said, “help from others always runs out”. We/people may expect help from others/their parents – like it is an obligation, though we have a greater obligation to ourselves. He had been helped, but his own help was the most important. He was also motivated to prove to his foster parents, who said he’d never be anything, that they were wrong.

I know that telling people they are good when they're not doesn't work… And negative comments can motivate. Interesting.

Time – I will focus, and whatever –the RI perspective will emerge.

John Taylor Gatto – "students have to be abused in order for them to perform". 4/28/01 

The comment from Mr. Gatto was from a recent BookTV program: A Different Kind of Teacher in 2001. By abused he meant challenged, otherwise students would be lazy or, perhaps in the terms of The Teachers “indolent”. It was added later and dated.

There are many good, competent and knowing people in the world. Were there not generations of good people, we would not have what we have as a civilization.This is explained in the Steps and other teachings. Let us continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment