Thursday, August 13, 2015

x2 Step 225 - Today I will be serious and lighthearted all at once. – Journal – Step 224



Today:  Step 225 - Today I will be serious and lighthearted all at once. (MP3) 

Today I will be serious and lighthearted all at once. Step 225
 
THERE IS NO CONTRADICTION IN TODAY’S MESSAGE for you if it is understood. To take your life seriously is to receive its true grace, which will make you very happy. Therefore, you must be very serious with yourself as you are learning now to become a vehicle for Knowledge, and you may be very happy and lighthearted that Knowledge is with you. This, then, is the true application of your mind, for you are lighthearted with that which is lighthearted, and you are serious with that which is serious. A mind that is serious in its outward direction and lighthearted in its internal delight will be a mind that is fully integrated. This will be a mind where Heaven and Earth touch.

THE GRACE THAT YOU WILL BE RECEIVING THIS DAY will engender happiness and true appreciation, yet the application it calls for will require your serious engagement, your sincere dedication and the genuine application of your mental and physical faculties. Here your strengths represent your happiness, and your happiness is strengthened by the application of your true abilities.

THINK OF THIS UPON THE HOUR as you repeat your idea for today. As you attempt your deeper meditation practices, seriously engage your mind so that it may experience the lightheartedness and the great joy of Knowledge. In this, you will see that today’s idea is entirely uniform in its meaning. In this, you will not confuse that which is happy and that which is serious. This will give you a greater comprehension of the world.

PRACTICE 225: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Yesterday:  Step 224 - Review

First - note card points from Steps:
211 -  “Realizing that Knowledge is the means that propels the world in its true direction, you can then value and receive that which gives your life purpose, meaning and direction”.

212 – “You do gain strength from all who practice with you, for every mind that attempts to engage itself with Knowledge strengthens all other minds in doing so as well.” “With them you share a true purpose, for your true purpose is to keep Knowledge alive in the world”.

213 – “The world will reveal itself to you as you look without these restraints and limitations”. “You cannot be in the world without beliefs or assumptions. Yet (they) … are meant to be tools to serve your mind, to give it a temporary structure and to allow it to engage its natural abilities in a positive manner”.

214 – “I do not understand myself”. “This is not a statement of failure or limitation. It is simply a statement to liberate you from your own impediments” “Free yourself from the burden of justifying your own judgments”.

215 -  The “true gifts” of K. – 1 –“all things that you have truly sought will be meaningfully satisfied” 2 – “you will have a true foundation in life” 3 – “Heaven and Earth will come together within you and all separation will end”. 4 -  Here you can accept the limitations of your physical existence and the greatness of your spiritual life”.

216 – “The spiritual presence in your life is ever with you, ever available to you and ever reminding you to look beyond your own judgments”.

217 – “For every moment you spend in experiencing stillness or engaging your mind meaningfully, Knowledge becomes stronger and ever more present within you”. “Give yourself to Knowledge so that it may give itself to you”. This requires “stillness and self-acceptance”.

218 – “Along with Knowledge comes the wisdom of how to use Knowledge in the world”. “…Knowledge is the source of your understanding and Wisdom is learning how to apply it meaningfully and constructively in the world”.

219 – “It is in your receptivity to Knowledge that you will find Knowledge to be of the greatest service and usefulness to you”.

220 – “…learn the form of intentional restraint that represents an expression of your power and self-discipline”. These “… must … be exercised to become strong, for your mind and body are vehicles of Knowledge, and as vehicles, they must be developed and strengthened”.

221 – “Allow yourself to be confused, for in your genuine confusion Knowledge may arise naturally”.

222 – “The only judgement that you can make upon the world is that it is confused. …The world is confused. Judge it not. (It) … is without Knowledge”

223 – Knowledge “…dispels that which is unnecessary and purposefully engages you with that which is necessary and has true potential for you. … Receive Knowledge so that you may … understand your own meaning and value. Receive Knowledge so that you may have certainty in the world and so that you may understand your own meaning and value”.

224 - TODAY PRACTICE OBJECTIVITY BY REVIEWING the last two weeks of practice. … As you learn to view your life objectively, you will learn to see your life through the eyes of your Teachers”.

From the journal:  

7:44 a.m. March 31, 2001 – Rotary as a Knowledge organization. …

8:30 a.m. Woke up with plenty thoughts, but some of that has dissipated. The Peoples’ Pharmacy was talking about physical fitness – need for strength training/resistance after 40. I got bored with Tai Chi – didn't incorporate strength – of course – my back/shoulder was unbalanced – and I like to eat. Seems my decade of the 90’s was screw ups too learning. My finances – all kinds of opportunities missed – a contentious marriage – where was I? Who was I? S2K has given me the life perspective I needed which allows me to go on to do the necessary.
– Intrinsic relationships – what are mine? David – Sarah – they are parental – feel to be intrinsic. I am devoted to Spirit, the Christ consciousness, cooperation, regional community.

 
9:14 a.m. Long practice – Review – Step 224 – but first complete "Devotion and Commitment" CH 21 – GCW – II.

9:28 a.m. "Knowledge is instinct in intelligent life".


4:15 p.m. 3/31/01 My instinct – to keep plugging@ what I'm doing.

True
1 Relationship – Knowledge in self/others
2 Purpose – Cooperation Regions
3 Calling – Regions Cooperation
4 Community – Earth humanity

> I am already a member of a global organization dedicated to peace and human unity.
– Piece Kin –
    Where am I now with money? –
OK now – fear of future loss –
Fearful of investments –
Lacking knowledge
Surrounded by needy people –?
Self condemnation for missing opportunities –
Fear that my R & D will not support me in the future

– Regions – a method of organizing mapping the world – a scale thing –

What must I do? I am already doing it! I just need more cooperators, better tools, a more comprehensive perspective.

Are things correct now in my life, my trends? Yes – that's how I feel, that's what I Know! – This path is my path.

10:51 a.m. Completed, again, "Money" – CH 22 – GCW II
The review –

Review – Step 214 – "I do not understand myself". This is so hard. No wonder I'm avoiding this review.

The explanation in the text that "Of course you do not understand yourself or the world, for you only understand your ideas, and they are not eternal. Therefore, they cannot provide a solid foundation upon which you must learn to stand", – is challenging. Not hard to believe, it is only the life challenge to pick the better, more useful ideas, but go beyond them in experience. That requires the out of body perspective of this review. As I drew in the steps book last year at exercise 224





Step 224 – I started the review @ 9:14 a.m., Then, after GCW II again@10:51 a.m.,@1:10 p.m. and @ 2:31 p.m. I've just finished rereading the exercises and adding to my index cards. The review text steps says: "Allow your Review practice period today to be engaged on your own behalf. Utilize your mind purposefully and do not allow it to wander. Break the habit of thinking mindlessly. Break the habit of preoccupying yourself with foolish and meaningless things. Allow your Review today to demonstrate to you that you are a true student of Knowledge".

I seek to be a true student – but I'm not disciplined enough today. Amen

– Intelligence
– responsibility  > 3 pillars for any race or society
– cooperation
4:19 p.m. Review complete – quite a long time. Some distraction. I give myself more and more to K. I'd like to go to Colorado for the fall retreat next year. Who else is doing this work?

11:48 p.m. Sarah called – I paid her electric bill. I watched the Duke – Maryland game – Final Four [College basketball]. Maryland started strong, but then fell behind. A little basketball is okay. Then a C-SPAN speech Christine Hefner – Playboy – about the world of content. Articulate – a good speech – it's all gobbledygook – the tech talk – so – what have I done this day of value? Just my review?

Here in bed – thinking the world will not begin or end with a single event, more causes

the fate of the world, of humanity – is not in the hands of one or two… – I will learn and do to the extent I can become stronger. I am still a student, seeking K & W – and needing the world to work with me, (and as the context for my work. 4/28/01)

Lots of writing this day, even after cutting a third. You don’t have to read it all, unless there is some benefit – that is the goal – to be of benefit somehow. Let us continue.

NNC
 
Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment