Saturday, August 15, 2015

x2 Step 227 - I will not think that I know today. – Journal – Step 226



Today:  Step 227 - I will not think that I know today. (MP3)

I will not think that I know today. Step 227

BEGINNING STUDENTS ALWAYS THINK THEY KNOW THINGS they don’t know, and they always think they don’t know things they do know. This requires a great deal of sorting out. It requires discovering the true and the false and, through this contrast, learning to separate the two. In time, you will realize the distinction between the true and the false and will not be deceived by the pretense the false can make in its imitation of the true.

REMIND YOURSELF UPON THE HOUR TODAY not to think that you know. Thinking that you know is only a form of substitution. You either know or you don’t know. Your thinking here merely supports or denies that which you know. But thinking you know is thinking without Knowledge, which is always mindless and engenders confusion and self-doubt.

IN YOUR DEEPER PRACTICE PERIODS TODAY, do not be deceived by thinking that you know. Once again return to the pure experience of Knowledge itself. In stillness and in peace, totally give yourself to your practice today. Knowledge is an experience. It will engender its own ideas. It will stimulate and support those forms of behavior and those forms of self-application which are truly supportive of your true nature. Do not be content with things you think you know, for this is merely another form of denial which will leave you impoverished once again.

PRACTICE 227: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


6:59 a.m. April 2, 2001 – Living to live, not to gain advantage over others. Building communities based on education and recreation.

The world needs more value to improve quality of life of its current citizens and to sustain a greater population.

8:10 p.m. Where am I? David called today. To keep his job he may have to leave Jamie. She didn't pay the child care – so David had to stay home with the kids. He called work and they fired him – he called me – will talk to them at night – thus – perhaps the need to leave Jamie and what happens – happens.
At work a quiet day – progress on living towns and talked to Jim D … about the regional strategy he was concerned about all the trash – litter.

Lots of confusion around and about. I copied the letters in my personal file. A little fear came up at that point –

10 p.m. Where am I? Practice #2 completed. I began surveying ahead the Steps. At Step 227 – I’ve 148 to go – less than 5 months. I'd like to get: "I'm at home in the world" again. I'd like to Know my partners in this world – though I’ve partnered with many over the years. … I want to do more S2K today or GCW II?

In life – I am here, in body, in this present. Yesterday I was present in the woods. Fully there, nowhere else. There was a time when my soul was not in the world; then it became attached to this body – and has slowly come to a self-awareness. At some point, sooner or later, this body will pass. I will no longer be on earth, but my family will be here – and I may be working on a return trip.

Is this like living in a wreck? Conscious, but it could be higher? Some souls incarnating into bodies in cultures dominated by the Forces of Dissonance – or otherwise traumatized.

I've been able to keep my body whole. Weakness saved it – my brain learned how to avoid some kinds of attacks.

But… the flow of souls continues. This life mode – human intelligence and human form on earth, a flow so great, my mind can barely grasp a sliver of it.

Sitting in my room, surrounded by my life artifacts, I wonder about the Human Compact – or whatever is the vision that drives the planet's evolution. This experimental planet – drama and trauma engulfed on occasion – moves on. I seek more connection to my part in concert with others.

12:05 a.m. Tuesday, April 3, 2001 I can only get so close – read so much, open to K – then I've got to be normal – eat food, watch TV – Final 4 – Duke wins; watch Leno/The Other Side – in and out – too much, too close – yet I must go on.

1:22 a.m. Completing "Becoming Wise" – more input that I can truly absorb – all at once.

Kneeling and praying for David, Jamie, Sarah & the kids. I recognized how they must love themselves – Love thy neighbor as thyself – each must love the neighbor.

Amen & Amen

Knowledge is more and more, the focus of my life and it is being integrated with the work I do. Issues the children have are taking energy; so I pray – old fashioned way – on my knees, which I relearned from my wife. We do need to build strength; can’t ask for miracles, only send strength and Knowledge. Let us continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment