Tuesday, August 25, 2015

x2 Step 238 - Review “I am sent into the world to serve my Spiritual Family…”– Journal – Step 237



Today:  Step 238 - Review “I am sent into the world to serve my Spiritual Family…”(MP3)

 
WE SHALL BEGIN YOUR TWO-WEEK REVIEW WITH THIS INVOCATION: “I AM SENT INTO THE WORLD TO SERVE MY SPIRITUAL FAMILY which serves this world and all worlds in the physical universe. I am part of a Greater Force for good, and I am a beginning student of Knowledge. I am grateful for the gift that has been given, which I am now beginning to comprehend. In complete faithfulness and devotion, I will continue my practice today so that I may appreciate the value of my own life.”

FOLLOWING THIS INVOCATION BEGIN YOUR LONG REVIEW. Begin with the first lesson of the two-week period, review the instructions and your practice, and then proceed on day by day. When you have completed your Review, once again repeat the invocation for today and then spend several minutes in silence. In this period of stillness begin to feel the power of what you are undertaking. The power of Knowledge and the grace that it bestows upon the world is what you will be learning to receive and to express in the days and weeks to come.

PRACTICE 238: One long practice period.


8 a.m. April 13, 2001 – To Charlottesville –

2:41 p.m. Arby's @ Forest Lakes – Route 29 north of Charlottesville. After GIS/Tech meet, no time for Bob de Voursney – that will be another visit. VA is not doing what it might in GIS – no benchmarking – it isn't all $.

From Step 237 – "The meaning and purpose of your life will simply arise and be expressed today and tomorrow and in the days to come, for Knowledge is that simple and fundamental. Thus, your intellect can be used to deal with the physical necessities of your life, for this is the application of the intellect".

– As a soul in a body, the impersonal me uses the personal me – body & intellect to get around – I am possessed, ideally, by my own soul.

At VAPDC today… the slowness of the operation – working data through mechanisms of governance – frustrating… I need not be pushing that rope anymore.

1:05 a.m. Saturday, April 14, 2001 – 2nd beer – still up – soon to leave for Virginia Beach. I thought I was focused. Intellect in Puritan mode keeping body and serving spirit.

But TV obsession with nothing takes over and I'm a couch potato. It is interesting to be nuts.

Were I not alone (in the physical – not to deny RHG – GHG 4/28/01), I might stay more focused. Watching MTV outrageous moments… the complete breakdown of everything.

Seeking to be noticed… J Krishnamurti talked about his need for an audience. He was a performer/teacher.

Steps… I keep moving forward.

My journal may not make sense to you; it did and still does for me. The lesson, write down anything you want – anything you need to clear from your mind. You may need to do it several times. That’s OK – it is your journal. Let us continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment