Thursday, January 8, 2015

x2 Step 8 - Journal Step 7 – Review



Today: Today I will be still. Step 8 (MP3) 

Today I will be still. Step 8

IN YOUR TWO MEDITATION PRACTICES TODAY, practice stillness for 15 minutes. Begin by taking three deep breaths and then focusing on an internal point. It may be an imaginary point or it may be a point in your physical body. With eyes closed, simply give this your full attention, without judgment and evaluation. Do not be discouraged if early attempts prove difficult. Beginning anything important in life can be difficult at first, but if you persist, you will achieve this great goal, for in stillness all things can be known.

PRACTICE 8: Two 15-minute practice periods.

Picture:  Bench on the William E. Carson Trail located at the Front Royal Golf Club, a public facility, along the Shenandoah River. This is a newer trail in Warren County that I use. Finding a place to be still in nature can be difficult. Public benches may be too much in the open. Finding a place to sit which is out of the way often requires a pad or portable seat.

Yesterday: Step 7Review

The journal this day was very sparse:

8 a.m. Saturday, August 26, 2000 – Reading GCS – seeking to understand through my impersonal mind, now I can better use my personal mind and body to serve Knowledge.

There is only regional/local because – anything whole is a local and we never get to the whole – whole.

10:37 p.m. Long practice time. I was at the office 3:30 p.m. – 10 p.m. getting organized – Doing RS Quality of Life

I'm glad to be back to planning –

12 midnight – 1st week review – S2K complete. I know my goal.

I do note that I did the review, but few tracks in the journal or on the text pages. What is the goal that I know? It seems to be the first sentence of the day’s entries:

“…seeking to understand through my impersonal mind, now I can better use my personal mind and body to serve Knowledge.”

Let us continue. The Review from passage one is a bit detailed, if you really need to read something.

NNC

No comments:

Post a Comment