Saturday, August 1, 2015

x2 Step 213 - I do not understand the world. – Journal – Step 212



Today: Step 213 - I do not understand the world. (MP3)  

I do not understand the world. Step 213

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE WORLD. You only entertain judgments about it and then attempt to understand your judgments. The world will reveal itself to you as you look without these restraints and limitations. In this, you will find that your beliefs can become useful in allowing you to take each next step in life. They need not limit your perception of the universe. You cannot be in the world without beliefs or assumptions. Yet, your beliefs and assumptions are meant to be tools to serve your mind, to give it a temporary structure and to allow it to engage its natural abilities in a positive manner.

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE WORLD TODAY. Be happy that this is so, for your condemnation is unfounded. You do not understand the world today. This gives you an opportunity to witness the world.

UPON THE HOUR REPEAT THIS IDEA as you look upon the world. Remind yourself that you do not understand what you see, so you are free to look again. If you are not free to look, it simply means that you are attempting to justify your own judgments. This is not seeing. This is merely entertaining your own fantasies. In your two deeper practice periods today, allow your mind to enter stillness, for without the burden of attempting to justify your fantasies, your mind will naturally seek its true place in service to Knowledge. You do not understand the world today, and so you do not understand yourself.

PRACTICE 213: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Graffiti – I’ve seen it in every country I’ve visited. Train cars, as pictured, are a common canvas. It is one of many things I don’t understand in the world. As artistic expression, it may have some value, but it seems more anger about the environment young people find themselves within. Steps practice can help one cope with limitation by finding meaning, purpose and direction in their lives.



The Steps page has notations from year one and two. At the top I wrote: “Is my mind an ignorant force?” in response to the text: “This counteracts the ignorant forces of the world.”


At the bottom of the page: 3/19/01 – “Knowledge is the relationship”.

From the journal:

March 19, 2001

8:15 p.m. Where am I? Need air – will walk. Now distracted by TV.

11:37 p.m. Why should I care? It is difficult to keep up my enthusiasm for life. I eat, read, watch TV – and neither in the world – nor out of it. I do not have a plan for regional intelligence. It comes in dribs & drabs. I've no energy for the writing part; the organizing – others research – but aren't in the trenches. I'm again in the wilderness?

Why should I be here? It isn't my fault all these other souls picked a lousy life – a harsh life. David and Sarah are on their own. I can't do much more.

Don't know if I can teach anyone. Am I learning myself?

My need is beyond wisdom. I need it with a cattle prod.

Progress is slow; insight and confusion in the same day. Let us continue.

NNC
 
Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment